The following blog post was originally posted here: The Sifting of America…(American trial)
Author’s note- I have been quoting 2 Chronicles 7:14 lately in regards to our national problems. I realize that technically the verse applies to Israel, it is a promise to them made by God at the dedication of the temple. But in response to those who have correctly pointed that out to me, I realize it, but do not believe that 2 Chronicles 7:14 has nothing to say to us. The principle of national blessings being of God and depending upon his bounty- therefore the need for prayer in tomes of national trouble, is sound.
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:(Deuteronomy 30:19)
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.(Luke 22:31-32)
Historic and prophetic events are rapidly coming crashing down around us, in breathtaking rates of speed and severity.
In the past week alone, We beheld with horror the open corruption of our cherished concept of the rule by law demonstrated by the nation’s very highest office holders (President, former President, former first lady and potential President, the FBI director and the Attorney General).
This charade was followed by the emotionally incendiary release of two videos of police shootings, giving the impression of cold blooded murder, and then finally the brazenly open attack on our formerly civil society in the massacre of five Dallas policemen, as they defended the rights of protestors (against them!) to have freedom of speech .
What is happening to America is a divisive sifting. On the night Jesus was betrayed, He warned one of his disciples, that “Satan desires to have you that he may sift you as wheat…”
People in America are being forced into competing sides, neutrality is increasingly becoming an impossibility as these issues are forced upon us by powers greater than the average person.
Therefore I think it helpful to be clear on what the “sides” in this struggle for America really are;
We in America are currently are being torn between the forces of :
- Judeo/Christianity and Leftism– Is the American experiment a failure? Do we throw in the towel and admit that those who clamor and demand radical change at every level are right?
- Individualism vs collectivism – Is man made in the Image of God ? Is he a responsible moral agent, endowed by his Creator with inalienable rights? Are we going to be a meritocracy?
- Or will their be favored or unfavored groups,(gays, women, blacks, latinos)
- Is there a “collective guilt”(white guilt) which needs to be redressed or will every individual stand before law on his or her own merit.
It is easier for amoral power-hungry politicians to control all of us, when they can pit us against each other when these “identity politics ” are played.
- Collectivism is a kind of tribalism- The difference between a Republic and a tribal system comes down to this. In a republic all are theoretically treated the same under the law. Western Republics may have come short of that at times, but that it the ideal which has been striven for. But in tribalism it is “All for the tribe” nothing for anyone outside of the tribe.
We were all disgusted by the spectacle of the Trump rallies in Sacramento and San Diego in which angry crowds were allowed to hit, curse and pelt Trump supporters on their way out of the rally, as Policemen looked on passively.
It was frightening, watching crowds of black and Mexican men chasing a 16 year old boy until they tackled him and beat him in the street, or as Mexicans waving Mexican flags ruthlessly jeered and pelted a frightened young white girl, spitting on her and pelting her with eggs.
I found out that in San Diego and in Los Angeles and possibly Sacramento, the Mayor and Police Chiefs were “La Raza” sympathizers. The group “La Raza” ( “The Race”) has become a political tribe. Their motto is “All for the race…nothing for outsiders” and we saw that in frightening real time in those rallies.
Tribes don’t concern themselves with right and wrong, whatever a tribesman does is right, and to be defended, outsiders are wrong by definition.
Our politicians are working feverishly to import millions of members of the ultimate tribe, Muslims from the Middle East. When these “tribesmen” set themselves up in a typical,(former civil) American city, they act tribal. Twin Falls Idaho was treated to that earlier this month as a fourteen year old and two younger Muslim boys were caught raping and humiliating a five year old special needs child in an apartment complex,at taxpayer expense.
When the boys father was called in, he smiled and high fives his son(who had raped the little girl. Tribalistic morality is different then our morality. All for the tribe, nothing for the rest!
- Emotion vs Reason- The videos of the killings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile are heartbreaking, visceral, disturbing and incendiary. America knows these men by name now, just as she knows the name of Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown. (Do you know the names of any of the Dallas Policemen, or the names of any of the fifty people shot in Chicago over Memorial day weekend? I doubt it). But these names are well known because there is a true concern yet in America that no one be subjected to racist lynchings as they had been in the past. There is nothing more repugnant to American sensibilities than the old Jim Crow system of the South, long since dismantled and disavowed. But demagogues are exploiting us, whipping up members of the African American community and the millions of (rightly) sympathetic Americans of all hues, into trying and condemning the police on the basis of san emotional reaction to the videos. Even the President has weighed in on the side of knee jerk reaction against the police, without an investigation, trial, judge , jury or any of the other moral furnishings of our once highly civil and successful society.
- We do punish rogue policemen here, when proven guilty and given the same courtesy we give to all citizens, the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Do you see how you are being played America? These demagogues, including our President, have an agenda.
- Ultimately America is being torn between the forces of Civilization and Savagery- What happened in Dallas is what happens in third world corrupt banana republics, it is utter savagery. But it was preceded by Black Lives Matter activists marching and chanting in streets, restaurants and even taking over political rallies, seizing the microphones out of the hands of valid political candidates to express their “concerns” using the vilest and most obscene language, and threatening an often dealing in violence.
- We have been sinking into savagery for sometime, as the new elite force Christianity out of the public sector. Abortion is savagery. Remember the filming of abortion proponents eating salads and drinking wine and casually discussing the benefits of preserving (baby) body parts for sale? What was the President’s response? “God bless you Planned Parenthood” you will always be around as long as I am here!
- The “Gay rights” rallies which people actually take their children to, are exhibitions of savagery and public perversion. Muslims also menacingly are allowed to march through the streets of American cities waving the flag of ISIS and proclaiming the superiority of the false “god” who orchestrated the twenty thousand terror attacks since 9-11,2001.
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised at the savagery coming. I weep though…
I think the case needs to be made if possible, in a sane and civil way, for the conservation of the Judeo Christian values which once held this nation together, I don’t know if it can though. Certainly not on University campuses, where the leftist demagogues have all but replicated the gulags of the Soviet Union.
I was struck recently by the fact that our National anthem is inconclusive, it ends in an open question…“Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave…?
We had better be praying saints…
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chrionicles 7:14)